We have been ranked as one of the top-tier litigation firms by international publications due to the vast level of knowledge and experience of our practitioners.
We represent clients in the full spectrum of:
- Civil claims
- Commercial claims
- Corporate dispute claims
We also specialise in the following areas of law:
- Securities and derivative actions
- Product liability
- Public and administrative law
- Media and defamation
- Insurance and coverage disputes
- Debt recovery, bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring (including disputes involving Islamic Loan Agreements)
- Shareholder Disputes
- Land and tenancy disputes
- Environmental law
- Planning law
- Asian-mena Counsel Firm of the Year for Litigation and Dispute Resolution 2013, 2014 – In-House Community
- Asialaw Profiles 2023 – Recommended for Dispute Resolution
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 – Band 5 for Dispute Resolution
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 – Tier 3 for Dispute Resolution
- Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2021 – Tier 3 for Commercial and Transactions and Recommended for White Collar Crime
- We acted for Tenaga Nasional Berhad in a claim initiated by Irham Niaga Sdn Bhd. The claim was premised on the lifting of the veil of incorporation and the circumstances which warrants the said veil of incorporation being lifted. In the Court of Appeal, extensive arguments were raised regarding the historical perspective as well as the current developments in respect of principles of lifting the corporate veil. Tenaga Nasional Berhad’s appeal against the decision of the High Court to lift its corporate veil was successful.
- We acted for Dream Property Sdn Bhd in the Court of Appeal and the Federal Court for a breach of a unique sale and purchase agreement. The appeal before the Federal Court involved novel questions of relief, which included discussion on the common law doctrine of unjust enrichment. The decision of Federal Court is a landmark decision laying down the approach of the courts of Malaysia vis-a-vis the application and adoption of the doctrine of unjust enrichment.
- We acted for the Regent of Kelantan where the youngest brother of the Regent of Kelantan sought to challenge the Regent of Kelantan’s powers under the Constitution of the State of Kelantan following the incapacity of the Sultan of Kelantan. The dispute concerned the right to succession to the throne of the State of Kelantan as provided for under the Constitution of the State of Kelantan. We were successful before the High Court of Malaya, Court of Appeal and finally at the Federal Court.
“Good advice and strategy.” – Asialaw Profiles 2023
“Diverse disputes group, particularly adept at handling cross-border arbitrations in the construction and engineering sectors. Its wider general litigation practice includes shareholder, insurance and insolvency related cases, alongside public law, land and planning matters.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018: Dispute Resolution – Band 4
A client commends the team's dedication, reporting: "What I really admire about them is the diligence in their work." This source also highlights the team's "technical skills" as a key asset. – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018: Dispute Resolution – Band 4