China has introduced the One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative which aims to strengthen Chinese presence and connectivity to the world. With the introduction of OBOR, coupled with Malaysia’s strategic geographical location along the route, this provides excellent investment opportunities from Chinese investors in Malaysia.
ZUL RAFIQUE & Partners (ZRp), one of the largest independent law firms in Malaysia with about 90 lawyers, recognises the significance of these developments and has established a China Desk dedicated to support and provide legal services to Chinese clients and corporations.
Our dedicated ZRp China Desk team, drawn from across our various practice groups, are equipped with the necessary cultural knowledge, language skills and legal experience in order to best cater to our clients’ needs.
Our lawyers have advised a wide range of clients from listed companies to private investors in Chinese investment projects, cross-border transactions, international arbitration and legal disputes as well as issues in and out of China.
We also have extensive experience in advising the Government of Malaysia both at the Federal and State levels, State-owned entities and Government-linked Companies (GLC).
Our selected experience:
- Advised the drafting of the Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission Act 1998, which is one of the first set of legislation in Malaysia to regulate the converging telecommunications and broadcasting industry;
- Advised the drafting of the Federal Constitution (Amendment 2005) pertaining to the jurisdiction of the legislative powers on water services between the Federal Government and the State Government;
- Advised the drafting of the Water Services Industry Act 2006 (“WSIA”);
- Advised the Malaysian National Water Services Commission on the drafting of various water services regulations;
- Advised the State of Selangor on the State Water Transfer Agreement with the State of Pahang;
- Advised on the corporatisation of the State Water Bodies for various states in Peninsular Malaysia;
- Acted for the Government of Malaysia in an International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration involving annulment proceedings;
- Advised on the restructuring of the Malaysian national airline company which included the transfer of assets of the former airline company (MAS) to the new airline company (MAB), and advised on the operational and strategic issues for the purpose of the restructuring. We also advised the Holding Company of the airline on the impact of the legislation that underpins the restructuring; and
- Advised the Malaysian national oil company (PETRONAS) in the construction of the biggest petro-chemical plant in South-East Asia.
ZRp is also a member of Meritas, a global alliance of leading independent law firms.
With this global alliance, we are able to leverage the global reach and local expertise of top-rated and prominent member firms worldwide to facilitate our clients’ needs.
We understand the needs of our clients and strive to provide prompt, practical and cost-effective solutions.
Our practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Communication & Multimedia
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- Corporate Liability & Risk Management
- Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Real Estate
- Employment & Industrial Relations
- Energy & Utilities
- Infrastructure & Construction
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Forensic Investigation & Compliance
- Oil & Gas
- Projects & Corporate Advisory
Click here for PDF version.
祖拉菲及合伙人们 (ZRp) 作为马来西亚规模最大的独立律师事务所之一，拥有超过90名律师，深刻体会该倡议的重要性并设立了中国服务组致力于提供法律服务予中国客户与企业。
ZRp 还是 Meritas 的成员，Meritas 是领先的独立律师事务所的全球联盟。