CELINE RANGITHAN is a partner in the Banking & Finance practice group. Celine’s legal practice covers all areas of banking and finance transactions focusing on debt capital market financing, syndications, project financing, acquisition financing and cross border transactions, both conventional and Islamic. She is frequently involved in cross-border financing transactions. She advices a wide variety of clients, namely financial institutions (both local and foreign), trust companies, financial advisers and corporate clients (both local and foreign), on the legal aspects of banking and finance and debt capital market, which includes on numerous occasions, advising financial institutions on their proposed structure of the transactions.
Celine has advised on numerous award-winning transactions. She has also been ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and has been noted as Recommended Lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 under Banking and Finance for Malaysia.
- Serba Dinamik Holdings Berhad’s syndicated Islamic facility of MYR1.2 billion, with option to upsize
- Yinson Holdings Berhad’s African subsidiary’s cross border syndicated facility of USD800 million
- SapuraKencana TMC Sdn Bhd (SKTMC)’s multicurrency Sukuk Murabahah Programme of up to MYR7 billion which was awarded the Emas Sukuk award by the Central Bank of Malaysia
- SKTMC’s multicurrency Islamic syndicated facilities of USD2.3 billion equivalent which was awarded the Debt Market Deal of the Year 2015 by Asian Legal Business and the Malaysia Deal of the Year 2015 by Asian Legal Business and the Malaysia Deal of the Year 2015 by Asian Legal Business
- Yinson Production (West Africa) Pte. Ltd.’s Islamic facility of USD780 million which was awarded the Africa Deal of the Year 2016 by Islamic Finance News (IFN)
- Sime TNBES Sdn Bhd’s Islamic facilities which was awarded the Project and Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2016 and Malaysia Deal of the Year 2016 by IFN
Recommended Lawyer – Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
Band 3 in Banking & Finance – Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
“Zul Rafique & Partners is highly ranked in banking & finance, capital markets, construction and labour & employment. Celine Rangithan and Jayasingam Poopalasingam are key partners for banking & finance and labour & employment respectively.” – Asialaw Profile 2020
“Amazing personality with depth on the debt capital matters and able to resolve issues effetively and fast. Always available to listen to issues and provide the best solutions which are a balance to both the banks and the borrower.” – IFLR1000 Asia Pacific 2020
”The ‘Extremely helpful’ Celine Rangithan ‘tells it like it is’ and is ‘able to think outside the box’, say enthusiastic clients. Particularly adept in cross-border transactions, she presides over conventional and Islamic debt capital market, project finance and syndicated loan transactions” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2018