MICHELE CHONG is a partner in the Construction Dispute Resolution practice group. She was educated at Raffles Junior College, Singapore, read law at the University of East Anglia, UK, and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 1998. She also has a creative side and holds a BA (Hons) degree in Interior Architecture & Design from the University of Hertfordshire, UK.
Michele is principally involved in non-contentious construction work and has drafted and negotiated various building and engineering contracts for major development projects in Malaysia. She is also involved in arbitration and adjudication proceedings under CIPAA.
- Advised on the development and construction of the Federal Administrative City of Putrajaya
- Advised on the development and construction of the Iskandar Region in South Johor
- Advised on the Master Plan study for the East Coast Economic Regional Development project
- Advised on the project documentation for the Light Rail Transit extension project
- Advised on and drafted the sub-contracts and supply contracts for the MRT 2 project
- Assisted on the project documentation for the Klang Valley MRT project
Petroleum and Chemical Plant Projects
- Advised on a proposed acquisition of a 1400MW coal-fired power plant in Malaysia
- Assisted a sponsor in a bidding exercise for the development, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a 1000MW Combined Cycle Gas power plant in Malaysia
- Advised on a proposed acquisition of a hydro-electric project in Sarawak
- Advised and drafted the project documents for the development of a Petroleum Hub in Malaysia
- Advised, drafted and negotiated the EPC contracts for the erection of oleo-chemical plants in Malaysia