MICHELE CHONG is a partner in the Energy & Utilities practice group. She is principally involved in project advisory work, specialising in building and engineering contracts. She has experience in both contentious and non-contentious construction matters, and has drafted complex project documents for major developments in Malaysia.
She was educated at Raffles Junior College, Singapore, read law at the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom (UK), and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 1998. She also has a creative side and holds a BA (Hons) degree in Interior Architecture & Design from the University of Hertfordshire, UK.
Regional Corridor Developments
- Advised on the development and construction of the Federal Administrative City of Putrajaya
- Advised on the development and construction of the Iskandar Region in South Johor
- Advised on the Master Plan study for the East Coast Economic Regional Development project
- Advised on the project documentation for the Light Rail Transit extension project
- Advised on and drafted the sub-contracts and supply contracts for the MRT 2 project
- Assisted on the project documentation for the Klang Valley MRT project
Petroleum and Chemical Plant Projects
- Advised on a proposed acquisition of a 1400MW coal-fired power plant in Malaysia
- Assisted a sponsor in a bidding exercise for the development, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a 1000MW Combined Cycle Gas power plant in Malaysia
- Advised on a proposed acquisition of a hydro-electric project in Sarawak
- Advised and drafted the project documents for the development of a Petroleum Hub in Malaysia
- Advised, drafted and negotiated the EPC contracts for the erection of oleo-chemical plants in Malaysia